Plan an unforgettable Thanksgiving Day feast by adding these new delicious recipes we found. They will be sure to add some new spice to your traditional Thanksgiving day dinner.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup hard margarine or 1/4 cup hard butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14 ounce) cans pumpkin, without spices
- 1/2 cup light cream
- Saute onion and green onion in margarine in large saucepan.
- Saute until soft.
- Mix in flour, salt, pepper and ginger.
- Add first amount of vegetable stock, stirring until boiling and thickened.
- Process in blender to smooth.
- Stir in second amount of vegetable stock, pumpkin and cream.
- Heat through
Crock Pot Turkey Breast
- 3 -3 1/2 lbs boneless turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3 (14 ounce) cans reduced-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Remove turkey from wrapper and set gravy packet in refrigerator for the time being.
- Leave netting on turkey breast and keep the turkey in one piece; rub turkey down on both sides with poultry seasoning and set in crock pot.
- Add 2 cans of chicken broth to the crock pot, set to low, and cook for 8-10 hours.
- At about the 5-6 hour mark, turn the turkey over, and add one more can of broth to the crock pot.
- At the end of the cooking time, remove turkey from the pot and place in a shallow baking pan, remove the netting, rub the top with butter, and set under a broiler in the oven to crisp up a bit.
- Allow the turkey to sit 15 minutes before cutting.
- If you wish, use a portion of the pan juices to pour over some of your dressing/stuffing if you made some to give it extra flavor.
- Use the remaining pan juices mixed with the gravy packet in a saucepan on the stove, heated with some cornstarch or flour to make a gravy for the meat.
Butter Pecan Pie Squares
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine 1 1/4 cups flour and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium bowl; cut in 1/2 cup butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press mixture evenly into a greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Combine next 7 ingredients, and beat well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling over prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool on a rack; cut into squares